I have seen many questions from people on YouTube and the Internet asking, “How Can I Connect My iPhone To My Mixer?”
I have also seen many explanations on how to do it. Some good, many are terrible.
However, this can be a daunting question to answer because there are many types of Mixing Consoles and they are labeled differently.
In this article, I will show you how to connect your iPhone or iPad to a PV6 Mixing Console. You will need …
- Two available 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) input jacks on your PV6. A left and a right one.
- One UGREEN 3.5mm 1/8″ TRS to Dual 6.35mm 1/4″ cable
Here is the one cable you will need …
You can purchase the UGREEN 3.5mm 1/8″ TRS to Dual 6.35mm 1/4 cable HERE
How To Connect?
- Connect the UGREEN 1/4 inch plugs into inputs 5 (left) and 6 (right). See 1
- Plug the other side of the cable into the earphone jack of your iPhone or iPad
- Flip the button to 1/4″ on the mixing board. (See 2 in the image below)
- Play some music on your iPhone or iPad
- Adjust knobs at 3, 4, and 5 to get the volume levels up
- You should also adjust the volume level on your iPod or iPad in conjunction
- You should hear whatever is playing through your headsets or speakers
An Alternate Cable Connection
Instead of using a UGREEN 3.5mm 1/8″ TRS to Dual 6.35mm 1/4 cable, you could use one 6.35 mm to two RCA to 3.5 mm cable and two 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) to RCA plugs. See images below …
- Buy 6.35 mm to two male RCA to 3.5 mm cable HERE
- Buy 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) to RCA female plug HERE (You will need two. Buying here gives you the set)
The connection is the same as above.
- Just plug the two 1/4 inch plugs into the mixer input 5 (left) and 6 (right)
- Insert the two ends of the cable into the 1/4 inch plugs
- Connect the other end of the cable into your iPhone or iPad